wamparoo

I'm New Here
Hey...I remember reading a monster thread on here a while back about the Halo Tubephones and trying to get some cheaper earplug replacements.

Well, these aren't necessarily as cheap as foam, but comfortable and much less hassle! (Especially in cold temps where foam earbuds are not as responsive)

http://www.surefire.com/EP3-Sonic-Defenders

If you take out the colored "noise dampener" on each earplug (white and red i think), the white elbow joint on from the headset fits directly into these earplugs. Surefire makes comm earpieces for SWAT, so these direct the sound right into your ears unlike the silicone plugs provided by QT.

Here are some pics I took of the setup. I'm not going back to foam. Surefire sells ep4 (triple flanged for bigger ears, noise rating of 19) and ep3 which is double flanged for smaller ears. They also sell the ep6 which looks kinda slick, but seems to just be a jazzed up ep3 for an extra dollar :)

EP4SonicDefendersOnQTHeadset

EP4SonicDefendersOnQTHeadset

You can shorten the stem on the earplug by pulling the piece that the white elbow joint plugs into out a little bit. You can see the detail of that a little in the second photo.

I hope this helps! I also hope someone didn't post something like this already...