burgundyja

Well Known Member
is there any thing i am forgeting to do before i rivet on the last skin? i have done push pull tubes, controll surface atach points, bell crank and pito tube plumbing? can the wiring for the nav lights be done threw the acsess panels?

Yes leave it off till you absolutly have to. I buttoned mine up and now I want to put an AP servo in there. Your reasons may be different but you may want to change something along the way.

Conduit

If you want to add wiring later, I'd make sure you have conduit installed before you rivet on the last skin.

Any thought on AOA sensor. Depending on the selection, it will require at least one more pitot type line, and maybe small holes in the top / bottom skin of the wing + plumbing...several different solutions to choose from.

does that mean that i can rig the wings to the fusalage with that panel off and just put that panel on right before final wing atachment? i am making good progress on the metal work but i have not thought about electric yet?

Yes leave it off till you absolutly have to. I buttoned mine up and now I want to put an AP servo in there. Your reasons may be different but you may want to change something along the way.
You can install the AP servo at any time in your wing, as long as you can get the wires to it. The conduit works great for this, just leave a pull string in the conduit.

does that mean that i can rig the wings to the fusalage with that panel off and just put that panel on right before final wing atachment? i am making good progress on the metal work but i have not thought about electric yet?
You and no. Some have done it without that panel installed. I thought it best to have the wing closed up and as rigged as possible. Besides, when you get to that point, you will probably have all your wing systems installed. (Wires for position & landing lights, remote compass, auto pilot, pitot and AOA tubes, and don't forget the latest fad, some type of tracking system.)