N62XS

Well Known Member
I remember severa posts detailing the return of a center spar section on a RV-8 if you buy wings and order a QB fuse. What is the process if I buy a set of QB wings and then buy a QB fuse, or visa versa?

All replies are appreciated.

Thanks,

Robby Knox

If I remember my discussion with Vans last year correctly if you buy the QB fuselage first you have to also buy the matched wing main spar also which Vans will store until you order the QB wings, they will then credit the cost of the spar against the price of the QB wings. If you buy the QB wings first I assume you get the matched center section that you have to return to Vans for installation in the QB fuselage (this is what I plan to do although I went for slow build wings with QB tanks)
Best advice to check for sure is call Vans, I found them very helpfull.

The spars and center section are a "unit" - they are drilled together at the factory.
If you know you want reg. wings and QB fuse, Vans will keep the center section and send it out to the Philippines to be built into your fuse. I have my wing kit but the fuse parts were kept at the factory.
If you already have the center section with your std wing kit you will likely have to ship it back to be installed in the QB fuse.

Thomas
-8 wings

Clarification

I will probably try to buy a set of QB wings on the secondary market as well as a QB fuse on the secondary market. I did not know if this was possible.

Thanks,
Robby Knox