java

Well Known Member
Getting to the point where I need to start working on my canopy. I hope to have all the work done mounting the rollbar and tweaking the slider canopy frame, etc. so I can make "The Big Cut" and drill through plexi when the day finally arrives that it get's warm again up here.

I've left the top skin just behind the baggage compartment clecoed for now. Anything I should be waiting on further or should I go ahead with it? I have my pitch servo installed, and have my static ports in place. Not that I'll be closing anything off that I wouldn't be able to get to, but could eliminate some convenience.

Thanks.

I would do it now, Jase. You don't really want clecos getting in the way while you're trying to fit the aft skirts, whether they are the stock aluminum or fiberglass. It's not too hard to crawl back in there for whatever you might need to do later, but it sounds like you've got most everything taken care of already anyway. Good luck.

I recommend riveting it first. You will be fitting the canopy to the aft skin so it should be in its final position. Also you will be drilling and temporary fitting the aft slider rail. It is best if the skin is secure for this.

Jekyll
7A slider, canopy done

A couple of things..

....to do, Jase. Put your wiring for the rear nav light in the fuselage and also attach the shoulder harness fittings and the cables. The electric trim wires can also be run now and secured with the excess wrapped. It's much easier doing it from over the sides. Don't forget the rudder cables and their grommets in the bulkheads.

Regards,