rjcthree

Well Known Member
All, can someone measure the height and length (width too, if you can get it)of a -7 or -9 QB fuse? Mine's arriving tomorrow, and I'm a little concerned I don't have enough overhead space for it. I plan on setting it on my empannage rack (about 36" off the floor) but the whole mess needs to clear 7' garage door rails. Tony said 'about 30"' but I'd prefer a real number. Thanks in advance!

Rick 90432

9A QB Fuselage dimensions

Rick,

I am working on a 9A QB. The maximum width is 43 5/8", maximum height is 36.5", and the max length is 176" (measured from the extreme outer bend of the top of the firewall to the tip of the tail).

Mike

Rick:

You may want to consider the 36" platform for the fuselage. Seems 10-12 inches off the floor is a good height until you need to put it on the gear. Low to the ground is best for building, especially the process of installing systems and wiring. Actual "best elevation" is governed by the length of your legs and the girth of your belly.

Jekyll

Jekyll's right. Mine is about 16-18" and I wouldn't have it any higher. This is also a great height for fitting the wings, if your stand will allow.

I think you want the longerons hitting you at the belt line. That makes it easier to bend over and work in the fuselage. Whatever the stands work out to be from that measurement.

Thanks guys!

:DExactly what I needed as far as dimensions go, also good advice on the right height. TOday I'm looking only to find a home for it - I have to get the outboard wing skin onto the left wing - maybe a couple days - had to go back to work(blah!). How I'm going to fit all of this into one space, I have no clue. I think my contruction table (3'x7') may have to die. Grrr.

Thanks again,

Rick 90432