captainron

Well Known Member
Thursday afternoon, A PartainTransport truck and trailer pulled up and off-loaded a shiny new QB -7 wing and fuselage set, in perfect condition (Thanks, Tony!) considering its diagonal coast to coast journey! A few minutes from the trailer to the shop, and no crates or boxes to deal with! The fuselage is shipped on a wheeled dolly, so it just rolls in and then two people can lift the front, and one at the tail, out rolls the dolly and two saw-horses go underneath!
Spent most of Friday doing inventory. Not that boring: opening every bag to see what Santa brought!
Today, my neighbor Fabian Lefler, an RV builder and proprietor of www.affordablepanels.com stopped by to see the QB, and brought some of his great looking laser-cut panels. We propped them up in the fugelage to take some pics and discuss some ideas.
Looks like my wings came standard with the fabled ski-jumps, so I guess I need to get the tool from Van's to fix this. Don't know why they can't do this before they ship them!
So now the work, and fun, begins!

happy building

Checking/measuring it trice or at least twice and cutting it once is the motto. The other thing is : "SMILIES" is not a bad word. My plane is a happy plane with numerous smilies.

I wish you lots of fun and happy building.

Pete