db8

Well Known Member
I purchased one of the canopy slider locks from LifeofReiley (very nice by the way) for the 8 I am building. I am wondering the best position to drill the hole(s)? Do most guys leave about 1/4" gap between the unit and end of the fiberglass? Maybe put a piece of "mole skin" on the unit in case the canopy is opened forgetting the lock is on -- not that I would ever do that?

Is it a good idea to leave a few inch crack (say 2") where it can be locked and allow heat in the summer to escape (if like at a fly-in or something)?

If that is the case (with a gap), is it best to make just one hole and not even have one 1/4" close with the canopy shut all the way? Or just make two holes?

I understand it's whatever each person wants to do, but I'm just curious what has worked well for some and what they would do different as far as the position and number of holes. Thanks. Dave

Slider canopy locks

The lock is designed for general security. It can be used with a slightly open canopy too. We actually have a new batch of 20 just made and ready to ship if anybody still needs one... they are very nice units. :)

drop me a PM if you looking for one.