hcccs

Well Known Member
After installing cylinders on my O-320 I noticed that some of the red pushrod tube O-rings protruded on one side. The machined holes in the cylinders give less support for the rings on the sides. It doesn't look good - the question is if I should remove the tube and install them anew. If there is a risk of oil leaks it needs to be done. Is there a risk or can I leave it as it is?

tubet.jpg

By hcccs, shot with DMC-FZ30 at 2009-10-11

Larry's right. That needs to be corrected.
Try smearing them with a little grease when you reinstall them.

o-ring correct

looks like the o-ring may be too big or stretched. I would check fit on tube and see if it is snug. if it is then I would make sure nothing is in the holes and follow previous recommendation and use grease.

Johnny Stick
P (of A&P), 1980

What does the other end look like?

After installing cylinders on my O-320 I noticed that some of the red pushrod tube O-rings protruded on one side. The machined holes in the cylinders give less support for the rings on the sides. It doesn't look good - the question is if I should remove the tube and install them anew. If there is a risk of oil leaks it needs to be done. Is there a risk or can I leave it as it is?

tubet.jpg

By hcccs, shot with DMC-FZ30 at 2009-10-11

What do the seals on the other end look like? Looks like the tubes are too short, or has the wrong seals on the crankcase letting the tubes seat too far down.

OK now

I pushed the rod tubes down too far to begin with and that is the mistake I made. I removed them and reinstalled them and now it looks OK. Thanks.

tube2.jpg