apatti

Well Known Member
Ok, it's 1:30 in the morning and I am tired of trying to find the answer to what is probably a no-brainer question. I usually find this is the case when I can't find anything in the archieves on a problem I am having. Certainly, I can't be the only one who has had this problem... :confused:

When installing the ends on the push tubes (pushtubes), the plans call for 6 or 8 MSP-42P rivets. How far from the end of the tube do you locate those rivets? The plans don't give a dimension. In the case of the F-841 pushrod (RV8, Dwg 26, right side just below center), there is only 12/32nds of lip on the VA-101. I guess that means I should use 6/32nds from the end of the tube. Did I just answer my own question?

Thanks,

EDIT: Ok, Now it is 3:00 in the morning and I re-measured. There is actually 16/32nds of lip. I was measuring on the inside of the VA-101 before. So, I figure I'll go 8/32nds from the end. Should be fine. However, I'll wait until tomorrow to actually drill.

One interesting problem I ran into on the smaller diameter pushrod that goes from the front stick to the back stick and already has the threaded ends installed... One end doesn't appear to have been threaded all the way through. When I screw the bearing into it just stops. I guess I'll have to finish tapping it out. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
I went 1/4" in like you plan.

Yes I had to tap that pushrod. I think it was the welding that messed up the threads.