Robert M

Well Known Member
Hi guys!

I may have the opportunity to purchase a Lycoming 0-360A1A, S/N L-1581-36, 710-TTSN. This engine was originally Salvaged from Lake LA-4, N248-B. S/N 143, Mfgr'd. 07AUG59 or a Colonial C-1 Skimmer. The ?N? number matches the Skimmer but the owner claims it?s from an L-4 ? very similar aircraft.

In any case?. I was wanting to know if this engine could be used on my RV-9 and are there any changes that need to be made because it was on a pusher?

Thanks

360 in a 9...

...I believe many will argue that it's too much for the 9. Don't get me wrong, I do love power, but in this case I think that you'll pass Vne to easily and the weight might give you troubles with CG's down the line. Being a pusher makes no difference because it's the pitch of the prop that goes the other way not the rotation of the engine.

Last edited:
While true about the pitch of the prop....

pazmanyflyer;316073 Being a pusher makes no difference because it's the pitch of the prop that goes the other way not the rotation of the engine.[/quote said:
.....it's not necessarily true about the engine being equipped to have the thrust placed in the opposite direction on the crankshaft. Also, the TCDS shows it to be a 180 HP engine

Last edited: