nlgflygirl

I'm New Here
I am installing push to talk front and back for my RV 8. Does anyone have pictures or discription of where and how they ran the wiring from the push to talk buttons in the control sticks to the radio

Thanks , John

My routing of the wires

John,

My radios are on the left side of my dash.

Ran the wires across to the right side, down the gear leg tower, to the front of the wing spar, to the torque tube, left a loop for movement where the wires went to the torque tube and front stick, drilled a hole in the stick just above the pivot point and ran the wires inside the stick to the PTT in the handle.

The rear stick wires ran with the front stick wires to the torque tube then they branched off and I ran them along the torque tube to the rear stick. Drilled a hole in the stick above the slip joint wher the stick mounts and ran the wire inside the stick to the PTT in the handle.

I used .062 Molex connectors at the base of the stick to allow for a disconnect. Secured the wire either side of the Molex connector with a wiring clamp attached to the torque tube on the flat surface that supports the pivot point of the stick.

Hope this helps.

Ted

I am installing push to talk front and back for my RV 8. Does anyone have pictures or discription of where and how they ran the wiring from the push to talk buttons in the control sticks to the radio

Thanks , John
Well, my PTT system is fairly simple in that the pilot and co-pilot PTT (wired to the red triggers on both Infinity grips) are routed into the PM1000 intercom wiring harness located inside the hinged right side console that I fabricated to house most of the breakers and switches. The intercom is wired to the center stack mounted SL-30 radio via the gear tower to splices located behind the instrument panel.

where to bring the stick wires out?

Rick - in your photo it appears that you have brought the wires for your Infinity stick grip out through a plastic bushing just above the stick bush? I was worried about drilling there because of the amount of metal I would remove. Presumably you just used the smallest bushing that the wire bundle would run through?

This routing looks like the best for this bundle of wires - is Rick's solution the one that all (most?) Infinity grip users have ?

Thanks

Chris

This routing looks like the best for this bundle of wires - is Rick's solution the one that all (most?) Infinity grip users have ?

Not sure about most or all but that's how I did it as well. Using the smallest gromet I could get the wire through.