Flyer68

Well Known Member
OK guys, to you who have done it, what's the secret to threading the push to talk wire down through the control stick? I thought it would be a simple task until I noticed the the bushing tunnel goes from one side to the other. How to get passed that?
Also, I have a sheet titled RV_12_Wire_Table. I have page 1, but have no idea where I got it and where can I get the rest of it (assuming there is more)?

tie a very small washer on a piece of light string .Put in one end and use your shop vac to suck the string and washer thru. Then tie the string to your wire and pull it thru. No problem.

Brad

pursh to talk wire

Thanks guys, I tried the cotton and the vacuum, no luck. I guess I won't give up on it though. I'll try the washer and string first.:rolleyes:

Keep trying different sizes of cotton. You do not need much. Use thread, not string, (lightweight) with the cotton. It will work.

I never had to try it, but perhaps compressed air on the top rather than suction on the bottom would work better, suppose? (what the heck, maybe both at the same time would work best of all)

Light weight fish line

Light weight nylon fish line might work. It is slipperier than cotton string and will not get caught on burrs. When I did mine, I sure was tempted to drill a hole in the control stick for the wire to exit without having to go around so many obstacles. But then my plane would not be built according to the plans. So I kept trying until finally getting the wires pulled through.
Joe