SeanB

Well Known Member
Getting ready to prime the push/pull tubes. Does everyone prime the inside of the tubes, insert the ends, then drill for the rivets, and go ahead and rivet without taking the ends out to debur?

It seems like it would be too much of a pain to try and get all this lined back up for rivets after primer has been applied.

Thanks.

Sean follow the instructions there. I remember it was easy. Push/pull tubes were the only parts I primed inside and outside.

pushrod2.jpg

pushrod1.jpg

Last edited:
Getting ready to prime the push/pull tubes. Does everyone prime the inside of the tubes, insert the ends, then drill for the rivets, and go ahead and rivet without taking the ends out to debur?

It seems like it would be too much of a pain to try and get all this lined back up for rivets after primer has been applied.

Thanks.

Prime the inside, then insert ends and drill, mark end and tube, remove ends and debur everything, reinsert and rivet.

Having a Burraway deburring tool was helpful in many cases because it made deburring the inside of the tube easier. In other cases, that didn't work, and it often couldn't be used on the end piece, so combinations of needle files, sandpaper, etc., were used.

I deburr *everything* to get rid of as many stress risers as I can.