Can I use a push-button latch on my oil door like a Cessna and if so where can I get one?
Thanks in advance!

Two common types, one is the cam lock type - google for "camloc latch selection guide.pdf" Pick the right dimensions and search for that part number.

The other is Hartwell. Look up "H-5000 Install Info" and it will give you all the part number codes for selection and searching.

Be aware these are made for installation on a flat area so may need some modifications (bending) to fit precisely.

You mean like this? Sure can, several have done it, including me. I bought the hinge and push-button latch from AC$pruce. Do a search on "hidden hinge". I made the door out of aluminum to make sure it doesn't bow outward in flight from the pressure differential, you'll also want an aluminum striker plate where it closes.

IMG_1563_zpsxbzqvtjp.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I knew someone here could show me where to get one. I had already searched Spruce with no luck. Looks like I was calling it the wrong name.

Wife found the Hartfield latches on EBay for $15 each. >$120 ar spruce. Used 2 since they don't work well on curved surfaces. Made the door out of .065 aluminum since the glass needed reinforced, which would cause the latches to be too recessed. FYI, if I remember right, the latches come in 3 different thicknesses. Figure out the material thickness prior to ordering. .065, .125, and another one.