videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Anyone but me having problems with the sound on the PoF video? I am getting a reverb so strong I can't understand the voiceover. Tried a few other videos and sources and have no problems with them. Ideas?

Bob Kelly

Yeah... Last night - first I only had audio - but no picture. I messed with it for a while... then realizing I did not have the latest quicktime version - downloaded 7.1something. Now I get nadda. Zippo... no sound... no picture.

Very bummed. :(

I DO get an error message that says that there is an error with a plug-in on the site... whatever the heck that means.

Any ideas from our I.T. wizards out there?

Well - maybe I'll have better luck on my office computer. So, hi-ho, hi-ho... etc. etc.

Thanks! DJ

Worked last night...

...from home.

Could be the site is getting hammered. It's a 48MB video file I'm told.

b,
dr

If it helps at all, my Quicktime
is version 7.0.4 and it works fine.
About a month ago, I had to
upgrade to this version to view
another video in quicktime.
Tom

I upgraded and still can't get it to work. I can hear the audio, but not see the video. Quicktime is the worst video player made by man.

Bob Collins said:
I had the same problem last night. It said a component of Quiktime was missing and unfortunately the proper plug-in is not available. Odd. I gave up.
Yeah... that is the same error message I saw initially last night when I was receiving audio only. Now that I have upgraded to the latest Quicktime... I don't see or hear anything!

(It is however working here on my "work" computer... which has an older version of QT. Riddle me that one batman.)

Need 2 passes

Tried to view this last night and got only the video. Tried today on a laptop with the latest Quicktime download and got only audio. Maybe I just need to view side-by-side. Looks like a well-done production but it sure would be nice to see it all together.

UPDATE: Tried the alternate .mov link and it finally launched. Very cool vido. This ought to make a great series.

Last edited:
I had to update my QT player to 7.1.3 to get everythign working. I don't use QT much so was behind a little.

Nice video, worth a little extra effort.

Try Videolan

I use VLC media player with no problems. Just google "VLC", download.com also has it. I have found this to be the only player that plays virtually any video file, from DVD's to downloaded stuff, and it's free!
Just right-click the .mov link posted earlier in this thread, then "save as" or "save link as".

FWIW, once I updated QT my machine required a reboot. Before rebooting it I was getting the "not available on the quicktime server" error.

I just looked at the video with a MAC OS10.3 and it was perfect, except for the slow down load speed of the satellite internect connection. I had to wait at times for the data to come in as it played it faster than the down load.

Great video.