steve91t

Well Known Member
Who was it? We were at the tie up and saw you flying overhead several times. It was definitely purple, and looked like either a 6 or 7.

Whoever it was, it was a fun show!

Steve

Yes, it is definitely purple and it's a -6. PM some time and I'll give you a ride. It went today down for some upgrades, but should be back flying in 3-4 weeks.

purple RV

Where you also at 8A7?...someone mentioned a purple RV stopping in Saturday. We have 5 RVs and a Rocket there. I was cruising Lake Norman in my -4 today. Also spotted an 8 at Long Island . I'd like to do a gathering of the local RVs sometime.

We keep our yellow 7 at Lancaster, SC...about of a drive from us.

We need to all fly to the Pik-N-Pig sometime. I've been once, and it was awesome!

Saw the rv4 around long island

Live just south of the long island, keep the 7a at 14a. More and more rvs in the area all the time.

I've had the pleasure of flying in George and Tom's purple RV-6. It's not only a nice aircraft but exceptionally fast. Both are great guys!

...just my 2 cents.

Ken

Thanks for the kind words, Ken. Bill, George was at 8A7 on Saturday picking up some parts from Larry.

Love to plan a local gathering some time soon.

I'm all for a gaggle meet at Pik-n-Pig in the near future, as I try to get there at least once a month anyway. As always, an open invitation for anyone that stops in 8A7...I live on the airport, so I'm there most of the time. 4 of us have smoke and we do quite a few sorties in the area...look forward to meeting some other regional locals. Tom, if you come see Larry again, he can point you to my house or hangar.

The SERV mailing list is still alive but not used much. A few years back you could just send out a note that you were going 5NC3 for lunch and 10 or 20 RV's would show up.

Give that a try.