RVG8tor

Well Known Member
This is specific to the -8 or -8A:

For you guys and gals with the AFP FI, where did you bring the purge line thru the firewall? My first thought is to put a hole next to where the main fuel line comes through the firewall, then on the engine side run flexible line up to the purge assembly. My other though was to use the hole for the brake reservoir since I am putting reservoirs on my master cylinders, I have the unused hole, and the line connects to the purge valve which is at the top of the engine. My concern with this method is the long run of line coming down to the floor level to get to where it ties into the left tank feed line. Just curious how someone else solved this puzzle. I want to keep the fuel lines as low as possible because some of my engine sensor wire will be running out the upper outboard side of the firewall, but using the existing hole does seem to make sense. I have my engine but it is not on the plane yet so it is difficult to see what works best. Any pictures would also be appreciated. Thanks

That's what I did

Mike,

I used the hole that was supposed to be used for the brake reservoir. I put a -4 bulkhead 90 deg elbow through the hole with a bushing that I made so the fit wouldn't be so sloppy. I then ran -4 braided hose from the fitting down to the floor next to the boost pump and then though the gear tower (-8) to a tee on the fuel selector. On the Tee, I had to get an adapter to go from an6 to an4.

I don't have my engine yet, but I think this should work well.

-Chris

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG