Adel clamps

You will find use for everything from 3 through 8, a few 10s and a bunch of 12s for the engine mount... suggest that you get wedge type clamps for any hard tube application like the mount. I also used a 24 on a piece of sceet hose and I recall using several 14s on one of the engine mount tubes.

I probably picked up adel clamps half a dozen times with other orders during the build.

I found that the all metal lock nuts were much easier to deal with when manipulating a clamp closed, especially with double clamp situations.

The engine mount uses -14 and -16. I'd get at least 10 of each.

Add to that -4, -6, -8, -10, & -12's. I've also got some -9 & -11's. As my wire bundles grew, so did my need for larger clamps. Buy a bunch of each. There is nothing so aggravating as being one short.

Here's a picture of how and why I used so many different sizes:

One tip, I always wrap my engine mount with one layer of black electrical tape before installing the clamp. This helps keep them from turning on the mount.

Does anyone know what size fits over the intake tubes? I'm using high temp zip-ties to secure the CHT wires but would really like to use Adel clamps.

Last edited:
I forgot

to order the screws in my initial Adel Clamp purchase--from Spruce by the way. The seemed a little cheaper. Do I need just one size screw and nut? All the same length?
Thanks,
Bob

to order the screws in my initial Adel Clamp purchase--from Spruce by the way. The seemed a little cheaper. Do I need just one size screw and nut? All the same length?
Thanks,
Bob

You will want to get some AN525-10 Washer Head screws. The length will depend on how many clamps you are putting together. AN960-10 washers (Get some "L" sized ones while you are at it.) will be needed along with some MS21042-3 (10-32) stop nuts to go along with the screws and washers.

Buy a bunch of these as you will use them all over the place.