randyintejas

Well Known Member
After fretting, shopping, raising money, trying to hold the pen steady as I wrote the check, I finally found and paid for an engine!
I ended up with a 1st run A1A 360 case with all new parts: AFP FI, Lycon Pistons 9:5:1, Lycoming Cylinders from Lycon and with a superior horizontal cold air sump, all balanced and flowed. Went with Mags for now but, will switch to EI after my 40 is done.
Magnum Engines
I won?t tell you what I paid, I will make you sick! :D

After fretting, shopping, raising money, trying to hold the pen steady as I wrote the check, I finally found and paid for an engine!
I ended up with a 1st run A1A 360 case with all new parts: AFP FI, Lycon Pistons 9:5:1, Lycoming Cylinders from Lycon and with a superior horizontal cold air sump, all balanced and flowed. Went with Mags for now but, will switch to EI after my 40 is done.
Magnum Engines
I won?t tell you what I paid, I will make you sick! :D

Ha! I won't tell you what I just paid for my engine either, but it made me sick. :eek:

Engine

I picked up angle valve Lycon built ( 250 HP on Lycon's dyno ) got a great deal on this zero time engine . Funny thing ,everyone complaines about the cost of an engine but when good deals come around they turn into " tire kickers " . I have a zero SMOH 540 for sale , new factory cylinders , fuel injected, for less than $24,500 Including shipping !!!! Some interested parties ,some have to discuss it with the wife !( still available )
I am building a slow build , the money I saved vs quick build payed for my engine and the cost of shipping a quick build is money toward a prop. The cost to build can be high or low , it pays to look for deals .

Russ, this was a right time and place kind of deal. I just happen to call Magnum engines the same day they received a call from a customer stating he could no longer afford the engine he purchased and to please sell it.
I would still give Gene at Magnum a call and See what he can do for you. Magnumengine.com