float208

Well Known Member
What are people using for driving their "Pulse Lights" I am looking for an economical solution to the high priced certified units.

Last edited:
What are people using for driving their "Pulse Lights" I am looking for an economical solution to the high priced certified units.

There is a circuit that I designed for my 50W recognition lamps in my wings that may be applicable for your application. This was made for use with incandescent bulbs and because of its unique low turn-on current, greatly extended the life of the bulbs; they now have about 600 HR. With it you can turn them off, turn them on steady, or have them alternately pulse at a 1 second period. The circuit can be built for about $20-$30. If I remember, someone else posted the circuit on a thread about a year ago.

MaxPulse

I have used the MaxPulse controller on certified aircraft before. It is a lot cheaper than the other product we had used in the past, but still more than you'd spend if you roll your own. But, I can vouch for the ease of installation and operation of this unit. Here is a link. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/1105737.php

I have no association whatsoever with the company, beyond talking to the folks a couple of times with questions, and they were very helpful and nice to talk to.