Greg Arehart

Well Known Member
I recently put my prop onto the spacer (with spinner back plate between) and test bolted it onto my engine while I was fitting the spinner. I now find that the two pins that align the prop and spacer are very tight and see no easy way to get these apart. I'm looking for suggestions. The prop is a standard Sensenich prop and spacer.

thanks,
greg

Pin punch

I recently put my prop onto the spacer (with spinner back plate between) and test bolted it onto my engine while I was fitting the spinner. I now find that the two pins that align the prop and spacer are very tight and see no easy way to get these apart. I'm looking for suggestions. The prop is a standard Sensenich prop and spacer.

thanks,
greg

Greg,
You just have to use a pin punch (1/2" I think) and drive them out of the prop. This is a good time to have a 2lb hammer;)

Mark

thanks,
greg

Greg,

You can check the Sensenich forum. Basically I followed their recommendation and placed the prop root on two wooden blocks with the spacer facing down. The wooden blocks just clear the spacer assembly, and are high enough to allow the spacer to be pushed out by another couple of inches. You may want to use some material (foam, leather etc) to protect the finish on the prop.

Now with a drift pin and hammer, punch out the spacer pins, a little on each side, so the spacer will come out evenly. I know it looks like a neanderthal method, but it works. Again, double check the Sensenich site.

The Sensenich web sit has the instructions posted on how to remove the "stuck" prop spacer. They actually do expect the prop and spacer to be pined together.

prop

The instruction page that was packed with my Sense prop explained how to do it. It was stuck inside the logbook, IIRC.
Steve