Dont be scared

Don't be scared, I got a biology major and not an engineering genious by any extant. cant fix my own car, but I figured out how to build an airplane.

You will also, enjoy the journey

Joe, you shoudl be very happy.
Of my building experience, among all, I still remember the day my empennage arrived in the "fragile" box and was uncrated and inventoried on my living room...
Even when the QB fuselage arrived, I did not feel the same magic sensation of the empennage. All the building experience ahead...no certainty about the completion of the project. No idea of the 75% and more of the tasks that afterwards I had to face...
Your scaryness is actual the magic part of the building process... Enjoy all of your time spent on your empennage.

Congratulations!!!

I just got my empennage about 3 weeks ago...
I'm about to rivet the HS. Let's keep in touch; I'm sure we can help each other a lot.

Tom

P.S. when you inventory the parts, those three little nose ribs are hidden in with the main ribs, and don't forget to look in the "false bottom" of the box for some hidden skins... :)

Last edited:
Congrats Joe!

After 750 hours, I can tell you the 9 is a fine ride. Let us know if you have questions!

Ah, a new addiction, err... addition! If a computer programmer can build an airplane, anyone can!

Congrats! I can't wait to make that first purchase myself! I'm getting my airplane shop put together right now, and will hopefully be sending in the empennage order by mid 2011. So much to do, so little time :)