LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I'm about done with the harness and such for the PS Engineering 1000II intercom (for those of you who've taken the SportAir workshop on avionics, it's the one for which you make a semi-harness.

I'm about to solder the wires onto the music input jack, but I've never seen this sort of jack before.

music_input.jpg

There are two wires in a shielded cable coming from the intercom, but I don't know where each is supposed to go on this configuration. There are three terminals.

The other question I have is on the wiring for the digital recorder in this model that replays the last received transmission. The instructions are pretty lame:

PM 1000II part number 11906 and 11908 have an internal recorder that stores incoming radio messages. A 3.5 mm jack is provided on the rear of the case. Install a momentary, normally open switch in a location convenient to the pilot. Wire to a 3.5 mm mono plug and insert into the jack.

So, here's my question. Huh?

Wire to a jack? Where to on a jack?

I can help with the second question. A mono plug has only 2 connections, they want you to wire the normally open contact and the common contact of the switch to the 2 connections of the mono plug. It does not matter which goes where. Then insert the plug into the jack.

Perhaps a side view of the jack you are trying to wire would help. Usually the wires of the cable go to the tip and ring with the shield connected to the third one.

Dave

Last edited: