JVolkober

Well Known Member
With the announcement of PS Engineering's PAR100EX just before Sun#Fun, I placed an order at the beginning of April for it along with a harness for it and some additional avionics with expected delivery in mid-May. I was told today that delivery from PS Engineer is scheduled for mid-June. Has anyone received one of these units or are we in a situation of a premature announcement of a new produce?

John

John,

I believe the first availability date for the PAR100EX has always been this June, and Mark at PS Engineering is a real stand up guy...shoots straight.

I was able to see the PAR at the AEA (Aviation Electronics Association) Convention, where it debuted back in March, just before Sun N Fun. I reviewed it, with pics, in this thread.

I talked with Mark a great deal after seeing it, evaluating my options for installing a second radio, and l knew back then I wouldn't be able to get one till this summer. However, I dug around that thread tonight, and I did not state that in there (my bad on that...just a knucklehead pilot, not an avionics dealer!). I also looked at the PSE website, and though its listed as a new product, I was not able to find a "first availability" date shown. Might be in there, but I didn't see it.

I don't think it was a premature announcement, or any intent to mislead at all. They will definitely deliver what they promised, I'm sure of that!

Good luck with the PAR, and would love to hear your review of the installation process and its performance, when you have it working!

Cheers,
Bob

PAR100EX

Dear John:

If you placed your order in April, you will be getting your unit by the end of June!

As of yesterday, PAR100EX is complete!:) The PAR100EX is performing exactly like is was designed to do. The ship date has always been end of June, and we are ahead of schedule!

We are now bringing it into production which generally takes about a 2 - 3 weeks. Good news is that our second prototype run actually required no hardware changes, so we have a handful of units that will be shipped next week to dealers who already placed orders.

But because of the number of units in back-order, new orders will either be shipped by end of June, depending upon how quickly the sales ramps up, but certainly by mid July. I know that Stein has ordered some units, and he is on the early back order list, so if any other builders what to get one sooner, give Stein a call, he may have one that is not sold.

The learning curve we have now is what the demand is going to be. By the size of our back order list (which is by far the biggest we have ever had on a new product) so that we'll have the number of radios we have in stock, so that we will have our PAR100EX by mid to late July on the shelf, like all of our products are.

Place your order now, might get your unit by end of June of mid-July for sure.

Time for me to give credit to our entire team. This has been one fun and rewarding project. Nothing like this has ever been done before, and the PAR100EX was conceived because of my lurking here on Van's Airforce! I get lots of ideas from our pilot community and this one has also been the inspiration for our PMA4000 audio panel many years ago.

I hope the PAR100EX will be just as successful!

I have posted an interview that I did with Tom Haines of AOPA that describes the audio panel, you might want to see what you'll be getting soon.

http://www.ps-engineering.com/PAR100EX.shtml

Thanks for asking John!

Sincerely,
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.

With the announcement of PS Engineering's PAR100EX just before Sun#Fun, I placed an order at the beginning of April for it along with a harness for it and some additional avionics with expected delivery in mid-May. I was told today that delivery from PS Engineer is scheduled for mid-June. Has anyone received one of these units or are we in a situation of a premature announcement of a new produce?

John

Thank you for the Background

Thank you both for the background. I am very much looking forward to getting the unit, just a little disappointed that it will be later than anticipated. Probably not the best communication between me and my supplier. In the end I more than likely would have stayed with the unit even if I was informed of the delay at the time I placed my order.

I know PS Engineering has a great reputation and the unit will be a great addition to my panel.

John

Harness

Dear John:

I looked to see if we had a harness order from you and we don't. If you want us to build you one, you'll have to go to www.ps-engineering.com/PAR100EX.shtml and download the worksheet.

FAX it back to us (865-988-6619) and we'll start making it up for you.

What dealer did you order the audio panel from?

Sincerely,
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.

John

Looks like a great product

If I were planning an avionics stack today, I would definitely buy the PAR100EX and ditch my #2 Comm (SL-40).

PAR100EX Ships 3 weeks early!

HI John:

I just wanted to let you know that not only have we shipped our first customer unit last week and that today I witnessed the power-up of our OEM launch customer's install today!

It was very exciting for me, watching the last 9 months of our team's effort pay off. It really is an amazing audio panel, if I have to say so myself ;)

I also recently reviewed my interview that I made with Marc Cook of Kitplanes and in that interview during Sun 'N Fun, I stated that orders would start before the end of June. We did it, 3 weeks early!

Here is a picture of that install. Note that this PAR100EX's radio has been set up as Com 2.

DSCN0614.jpg

Here is a wider shot

Full_Panel.JPG

We have a strong back order list and we are starting to chip away at it, but for orders placed today, we are quoting 4 - 6 weeks.

I hope you will be getting yours soon.

Sincerely,

Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.
www.ps-engineering.com

John

Last edited:
PAR100EX - Looking Good

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to getting this into my panel, which will look similar to install you showed. Mine will have two Dynon screens, one 10" and on 7" with the PAR100Ex and GNS430W in the center.

John

The only problem I see with this audio panel is....it wasn't around when I built my plane! I suspect we will see this unit in a lot of RV panels. Congrats, Mark on what looks like a fine product.

Amen to that one!

The only problem I see with this audio panel is....it wasn't around when I built my plane! I suspect we will see this unit in a lot of RV panels. Congrats, Mark on what looks like a fine product.

PAR100EX

Dear John:

You should have received your PAR100EX by now. Have you had a chance to fly behing it yet?

I sure would appreciate hearing your PIREP.

Thanks
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.

Thank you both for the background. I am very much looking forward to getting the unit, just a little disappointed that it will be later than anticipated. Probably not the best communication between me and my supplier. In the end I more than likely would have stayed with the unit even if I was informed of the delay at the time I placed my order.

I know PS Engineering has a great reputation and the unit will be a great addition to my panel.

John

Recevied Unit and Installing

Received the unit and have temporally installed in with a GNS430w. Looks great. Still need a couple (?) of months to complete the build on my 9A - wind up wiring work, front deck and windscreen, a number of other miscellaneous odds and ends that will probably take longer than I anticipate, and then final assembly.

John