USCANAM

Well Known Member
Our hangar is getting (had gotten) pretty full, and now that the 9A is finished and is the aircraft of choice, it's necessary to move the One Design out before the 9 can get out.

One nick in the blades of the MT props that both planes have can be very expensive, so we came up with these covers for both planes to protect them in moving, and just carrying stuff past them in the tight confines that we've created.
These are the covers that we mentioned a while back in another post, they are used to protect the blades when removing the lower cowling in a 3 bladed A model.

By USCANAM
Material is sewn naugahyde with velcro to close up the ends
Just passing this along
Jack

Last edited:
The blade covers look great and should do a very good job of keeping the blades clean. I wouldn't expect then to prevent impact damage though. If you unfortunately rap the blade trailing edge with a length of ,say pipe, you are going to vut the cover and still end up with a ding on the blade......:mad:

The blade covers look great and should do a very good job of keeping the blades clean. I wouldn't expect then to prevent impact damage though. If you unfortunately rap the blade trailing edge with a length of ,say pipe, you are going to vut the cover and still end up with a ding on the blade......:mad:
Forgot to mention that this material has a very thick backing so there is a little protection.
Obviously, if you're going to put the blades in a situation where there could be severely damaged by a pipe then you either have to build OSHA approved covers, or you deserve what happens.
The purpose of these covers is mainly to protect from scratches, such as when you're removing the lower cowl, or just walking by with a tool or a part in your hand and you just brush a blade. This will at least avoid a scratch.
When I'm wheeling the One Design back into it's parking place, I have to nest the nose into a corner that full of stuff. No matter where I position the blades, even tho I have marks on the floor to position the tailwheel, if I go too far, one of the blades will make contact with something. This will afford some protection.
Part of our winter project is to re-locate (throw out) some of that stuff!!
Jack