rocketbob

Well Known Member
Just posting this as a datapoint. The fuel senders in my -6 were leaking a tiny amount, so I removed the senders, removed the rubber gaskets and prosealed the senders back in. The proseal I used was a brand-new kit from Van's that had been sitting in the freezer section of the hangar beer fridge, and it has an expiration of 1/04. Over five years old. I did this last Tuesday, and fueled it back up for breakfast on Sunday. I kept the cup I mixed the gooey stuff in, and it set up satisfactorily within four days, with the hangar around 40-50 degrees.

Moral of the story, you can keep your proseal in the freezer and it will work fine after a few years.

Just posting this as a datapoint. The fuel senders in my -6 were leaking a tiny amount, so I removed the senders, removed the rubber gaskets and prosealed the senders back in. The proseal I used was a brand-new kit from Van's that had been sitting in the freezer section of the hangar beer fridge, and it has an expiration of 1/04. Over five years old. I did this last Tuesday, and fueled it back up for breakfast on Sunday. I kept the cup I mixed the gooey stuff in, and it set up satisfactorily within four days, with the hangar around 40-50 degrees.

Moral of the story, you can keep your proseal in the freezer and it will work fine after a few years.

According to phone call with the chemist who invented the current stuff we use "If the white stuff will dig out of the can and you can mix it with the black stuff, and it sets up, the expiration is N/A, good to go."

Question; Do you put the "stuff" in the freezer or just refrigerator (ie, what temperature).

Many thanks,