ctbecker

Well Known Member
Van recommends that all the parts on the lower forward skin and supporting structure have a thin coat of proseal prior to riveting. My question to the group. I'm thinking of placing the proseal on all the parts and securing with my 'proseal clecos' and letting the proseal cure a while. (all except the outside skin itself which obvioiusly wont work). Then remove the cleco's and rivet. What am I possibly missing.

Charlie Becker
N464CB(r) 8A(es)
Finishing Kit has arrived

ctbecker said:
.....thinking of placing the proseal on all the parts and securing with my 'proseal clecos' and letting the proseal cure a while...... Then remove the cleco's and rivet. What am I possibly missing. Charlie Becker
Charlie,

I believe your plan is sound and promises to be the most trouble free way of approaching the task. I would add the following when you get that far in the assembly process.........It is a good idea to fay seal the footsteps, data plate, and any other exterior parts permanently fastened to the airframe. This will help insure moisture has no way to migrate and fester between parts fastened to the airframe. I even fay sealed the NACA vents and the lower horizontal empennage fairing into place with no other fasteners added as per plans callout....so sure am I of proseal's tenacious holding properties.