prkaye

Well Known Member
Proseal is so yucky... had a hard time keeping it off the fuel sender aparatus... but seems to be OK. I'll re-test the resistance values tomorrow.
Can/should I put proseal over the AN818 nut, exposed threads of the fitting, and where the nut slides over the pickup tube? Should proseal be left *off* any particular things to facilitate disassembly and replacement? Or am I free to go nuts with the stuff?

I was watching the Orndorff video on the RV-8 wings. What was done in the video was to cover the tips the of the fittings with tape so no proseal made contact where the plumbing was connected. Most of the threads were covered but not all leaving some open at the base. Those parts that had to be attached to the fitting were not prosealed at all.

The AN818-6d on the pickup tube did not get prosealed. I gues you could proseal it for added security so it wouldn't come loose but I don't think that's necessary. It looked as though everything that penetrated from the inside of the tank to the outside got prosealed inside and out.

I'm a good bit behind you in construction so what I'm saying here may be inacurate but that's how I'm planning to do it - unless I here differently.

Hope this helped.