Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Ready to seal my tanks but the temps are going to be in the 90ies for the foreseeable future. Should I wait for cooler weather?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, I sealed my tanks during the summer and the Houston area heat and humidity were a force to be reckoned with. I mixed small batches, enough to do one rib at a time. The working time will be reduced but its manageable. In the end, pressure check resulted in no leaks. Hope you have similar results.

Keep it cool

I kept mine in the refrigerator so it was cool when I mixed it up. This extended to working time in the 90+ Florida heat when I did my tanks

Tom I would wait couple days. I mixed a batch yesterday at the airport and within 15 minutes it started curing.

I understand the B-4 Pro-Seal has a longer cure time. Does anyone know of a source? Google isn't very informative.

Thanks.

Ron

B time

B time is working life. I've typically used B-24 when at the airlines. No reason to get B 1/2 unless you're in a big hurry to go flying.

frozen puddle in garage

I wish I was worrying about some warm weather. I have had a puddle from snow falling off the car in the garage since early Feb that is still FROZEN! I have had the propane heater running all morning and the garage is now at 30degrees and I am thrilled. Well, like they said on Dumb and Dummer, it is winter in the Rockies!

B time

B time is potlife. BTW do not use it below 50 degrees. Check data sheets!