CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
So there was a really good discussion recently about cracks in fuel/brake lines as well as over torquing the B-Nuts. But one thing that didn't come out of there was a definitive recommendation for proper torque. There is conflicting information from Vans, Standard Aircraft Building Edition 6, AeroQuip and AC43-13 as they all assume different material.

So what I am looking for is a recommendation that is specific to 5052-0 tubing in both 1/4" and 3/8" sizes. A reference for both torque and flats method in this scenario would be helpful. Does anyone have one?

Charlie, Recheck the old thread. I got two documents off it that covered this. One is Technical from Aeroquip and I'm not sure of the other source. If you can't find them, PM with an e-mail addy and I'll send both files.

The problem with the Aeroquip sheet is that it is geared towards 6061 Aluminum and not 5052. I BELIEVE the AC43-13 is for 5052, but havent seen that specifically called out and it doesn't have an equivalent FLATS method for it either.