f1rocket

Well Known Member
I've never been quite sure about the proper entries to make into my various logbooks prior to the airworthiness inspection. Can someone provide the appropriate entry that should be made into the airframe, engine, and propeller logbooks prior to the inspection? Exact words would be great.

"I certify that I built this aircraft for my own education and recreation. I have inspected it and consider it eligible for an experimental airworthiness certificate for the purpose of operating amateur-built aircraft under the provisions of FAR 21.191g." Signed____________________ Date___________

This goes in the aircraft log. There is nothing in particular that has to go in the engine and/or propeller logs. I personally supply a sticker when I do an airworthiness inspection with the above wording to go in the aircraft log. Hope this helps.
Mel...DAR

Thanks Mel. Shouldn't there be an entry in the engine and prop books to show when they were installed, total hours on the engine at time of install, etc?

Yes. All that information SHOULD be there, but it is not a requirement for certification of the airplane.
Mel

What about avionics installation, static system checks, compass calibration, ELT test, transponder test, etc? Are there any tests that have to be performed and logged before getting the airworthiness cert?

Ron
N379RV - Airworthiness inspection Friday!!!

No

I got my airworthiness inspection signoff and flew for some time before I got the static system/altimeter check to qualify the airplane for IFR use.

Bob Axsom

None of these tests HAVE to be logged before the Airworthiness Inspection. Many people don't have access to a compass rose, or transponder shop, etc. before flying. These test need to be accomplished very soon after the first flight. (especially if you live near class B or C airspace). The ELT is not required during phase I because for this time your airplane is restricted to "single place."
Mel...DAR