redhawk

Well Known Member
I have a -4 with a wood prop, and have been trying to sell my plane. It seems that there is a lot of hesitation out there from buyers to buy a plane with a wood prop.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a metal prop that would work well with my Lyc O360 180 HP?
Thanks

A Suggestion...

If the wood prop is the apparent deal killer, I suggest you offer the buyer a compromise. Instead of you going through the hassle of changing out a prop, just offer an offset to the agreed upon sales price of the aircraft. For example, offset the sales price by 50% of the cost of a new two-bladed Catto prop.

Chances are, the new owner would never change out the prop.

Last edited:
God's Composite

Hi Dick,

Having helped sell many RV's, I can tell you if the airplane is nice, the prop shouldn't be that big a deal.

What Tom said above is valid, adjust the price first. If the test flight went well and the prop works well, it shouldn't dissuade folks familiar with RV's. Problem is, too many people are buying RV's who don't know anything about them, much less ever flown one. They look at them as if they are looking at the last certified airplane they flew. I have a few photos of wood propped RV's I show customers and usually the test flight wins them over. If you're determined to change props, I recommend you stay away from metal. Instead, buy a Craig Catto composite prop, he makes a very nice 2 and 3 blade for the 0-360. www.cattoprops.com

Smokey

I still have my original Van's sales VHS converted to DVD I show "newbies" to help them learn. You can find it on youtube