Lionclaw

Well Known Member
I've got a Sensenich aluminum prop. It's installed using the bolts and large flat washers provided by Sensenich. The problem I'm having is the washers and front spinner bulkhead are getting squished when I torque the bolts. The washers are no longer flat, and it is very difficult to remove the bolts from the spinner bulkhead because the metal is getting squished and tightening up the holes.

I'm torquing to the value indicated by the installation instructions and the label on the prop. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: doh, i can't edit my post's title :(

Last edited:
Sounds for sure like something's not right. I can't imagine you have the wrong prop or prop hole diameter - that would be way too obvious. My washers have left a mark on the aluminum bulkhead, but not deformed it like it sounds for you. Wish I had a better answer.

greg

I had the same problem years ago. I installed large washers and it worked ok. A friend had to do the same thing.....

Kevin Belue
2002 RV-6A
2008 RV-10

Can anyone confirm which washers go on the bolts? I have AN970 washers installed, but the bolt kit pictures on the Sensenich website seem to show AN960 washers. Maybe that is the problem...