RV3bpilot

Well Known Member
Does anyone know the diameter of a Lycoming 320 propeller shaft so I can purchase a seal . Also I would llike to know what the diameter of the hole that the seal sets in on the motor...

Are you planning on getting something other than Lyc part???

Regular automotive etc. seals will probably not work, as the seal has to stretch over the prop flange.

Are you planning on getting something other than Lyc part???

Regular automotive etc. seals will probably not work, as the seal has to stretch over the prop flange.

Yep - been there done that 6-8 times. Buy the Lyc (or equal) seal. And follow the prescribed installation procedure. There are split seals available (can split it yourself). Works 99.99% as good as a 1 piece if done right, and much easier to install.

Seal

This is a Lycoming part, you do not need sizes. Two types, split or solid. If you have a two piece retaining plate with four bolts it is likely split type. There are oversizes on the outside diameter.

Not everyone flies behind a Lycoming guys - I think this is a unique engine installaiton if I rememebr corectly. Unfortunately, I don't know the measurements he needs, but maybe someone else can actually give him the dimensions he seeks.

Seal bore size

Thank you and you are correct. I am making a new prop. hub and I need to seal it like a lycoming. So I thought I would make mine the same size and use a lycoming seal..

Not everyone flies behind a Lycoming guys - I think this is a unique engine installaiton if I rememebr corectly. Unfortunately, I don't know the measurements he needs, but maybe someone else can actually give him the dimensions he seeks.

I'm not Navy but my son is.
I assume the above is where the hides are grown?

My son did comment on the common search for CPO nuts in the maintenance hangar.

Yep, that is where the hides come from. I think everything on the ship was cover with the hide of the poor creature.