I have a Hartzell Constant speed prop I need overhauled. It is SN CH32418A Model HC-c2YK-1BF. It is 12 years old with a 1000 hours on it. It has not been overhauled before. I live in KC and looking for a shop in the area.

Any recommendations on a prop shop. Any idea on what it should cost? How difficult is it to remove the prop or reinstall it.

How about sending it back to hartzell in Ohio? It's a real problem for us on the west coast, but I've heard really do things about their overhauls, and it's price was pretty good from what I remember.

That sucks!

Hi Pat

Stopped by this morning and took a look at the prob. I can think of only two things; 1. get a small pair of vice grips and see if you can possibly get a good enough "bite" on the extractor to turn it out. It's surprising the torque you can get with a good set of vice grips. If that doesn't work, the next tool to grab is the safety wire pliers and start removing the prop bolts.

While it's away, you can hop in my seven and we'll go to Miami Cty for BBQ. Heck, we might even follow Al and watch him smoke up Lawrence.

Steve