gblwy

Well Known Member
I reported elsewhere that the paint was peeling off one of my prop blades. No one else admitted to having a similar problem.

I sent the blades back to Sensenich for repair. They told me that they have now switched production from paint to gelcoat as it is more durable - so I guess others have also reported problems.

My black prop blades came back white and red. Not ideal when I had painted the plane black to match the prop ;-) Sensenich are now sending me another set of blades.

I just checked their web site. This prop comes in four colour schemes for Rotax installations (colour has a "U" in it BTW). I assume Vans just ordered a bunch of black ones to assemble the firewall forward kit. However, it occurred to me that some folk might actually want a prop with a different colour.

It may be possible to ask Vans for a different colour, or delete the prop from the kit and order your own - this will also give you a standard prop pitch adjustment collar, rather than the Vans-restricted one - obviously the latter option would be for E-ABers.

Cheers...Keith

Last edited:
Yep......

......and the USA is our neighbour, you don't get to choose! :eek:

.....and Canada is the neighbor of the USA :p