phapp

Patron
Getting ready to hang the Hartzell constant speed on the IO-360 and am working on the spinner / prop gap filler. Working on the bench.

I may be missing something, but from the cardboard template I made, it seems like I could make the gap filler from a single piece of .063.

Is there a reason not to and instead rivet on the additional piece as a flange per the instructions and DWG C4?

Thanks for any advice.

P. Happ

Getting ready to hang the Hartzell constant speed on the IO-360 and am working on the spinner / prop gap filler. Working on the bench.

I may be missing something, but from the cardboard template I made, it seems like I could make the gap filler from a single piece of .063.

Is there a reason not to and instead rivet on the additional piece as a flange per the instructions and DWG C4?

Thanks for any advice.

P. Happ

You can but you would need a joggle for the offset. The offset is to keep centrifugal forces from bending and breaking this filler off. .063 bend radius for that joggle will make it long and would not look as clean once done, unless filler is used. Sounds like a lot of trouble . . . what problem are you trying to solve?