tomagin

I have the engine on together with the spinner backplate. The nice f/g spinner that came with the FWF kit appears to be "ready for use" except for cutting out the places for the blades and adding the small filler pieces behind them. I have been trying to determine whether these spinners if attached to the backplate will spin straight or "wobble" but haven't rigged up some kind of turntable to be able to double check. It looks pretty good but seems to easy!

What have others done? Just cut it for the prop, line it up with the back plate and drill for the nutplates and call it a day or is there some adjustment needed for it to spin straight? Thanks for the advice.

Tom,

They will not track straight. There is a section in the manual on how to do it.

I took a slightly different route, which you can see on the bottom of this page of my web site.

If you have the constant speed prob the bulkheads are further apart and make it easier to get it to track true. I simple had the prop installed on the engine and installed it like so. I set up a stand that had a pointer on it that I pointed at the tip of the spinner.to a dot on the spinner on the center point. Drilling one hole at a time from one side to the other side 180 degrees on the rear bulkhead. This allowed me to rotate the engine around 180 degrees to make sure that the tip of the spinner remained centered. Once the rear was done then I drilled the forward bulkhead. It was very simple and the spinner is truely centered. Make sure to see that the forward bulkhead is indeed tight to the spinner. You may have to remove or add washers to shim the forward bulkhead. Good luck.