FlyFastJP

Well Known Member
I've got an old wood Warneke semi constant speed prop on my -4. Needs some reconditioning work. Who can do me a decent job around the Houston area?

I've got an old wood Warneke semi constant speed prop on my -4. Needs some reconditioning work. Who can do me a decent job around the Houston area?

Might try Performance Propellers. These were a knock-off of Warnke Propellers. Warnke's ex son-in-law founded PP and was sold to Frank Johnson.

Frank Johnson (713) 417-2519
[email protected]

Mail/Ship to:
Performance Propellers USA, LLC
466 Pr 5832
Donie, TX 75838

Hey Johnnie,
Did you ever get your prop reconditioned? I've also got a Warneke prop that could use some TLC in the next year or so... I'm debating on a Catto or Whirlwind but I really like my Warneke. I'd like to see it refinished.

Do it yourself..

I re-finished my Sterba, not much science to it unless it has significant missing chunks. A bit of careful sanding (evenly) and a few coats of urethane. I also sprayed the backside flat black after the urethane. Balanced with a tube through the hub hole and set on some machete blades. Spray additional urethane on light blade. Cost all of $10.00, and looks like new.