pat

Well Known Member
I have recently ordered my Hartzel prop and I am using the showplanes cowl. My challenge is finding a 14 to 15 inch spinner and backplate to use. The standard 13inch doesnt match the cowl as well as I would like. Anyone have any secret spinner info they would like to share? I spoke with Bryan at showplanes and I have part number but Hartzel et al. wants 2,100 for new assembly:( thanks in advance.

I have a 13.75" Hartzell metal spinner assembly that I'd sell for cheap.. Not sure if it'd work for you.. contact offline for more details.

Has anybody found a source for a 15" spinner for a Hartzell prop for use on an RV8 with a Showplanes cowl?

Last edited:
Just to followup, I got a note from Hammerhead Aviation that they no longer make that spinner. If anybody else knows of a source for a 15" spinner for a two blade RV Hartzell prop under $900, please speak up.

Sorry for missing this Scott, I received the same info after the fact. Nice guy at Hammerhead said Hartzell stopped him from selling them. We are still looking, if anyone has anything. I may be forced to get a bloody MT prop instead...
Hawk

PM this guy...

N733JJ is his VAF screen name and his name is Scott.

He is in the same boat!

May be able to give you the info he found.