zav6a

Well Known Member
I purchased an ECI, stainless steel prop governor line. It appears I will have interference with the alternator. I use a plane power alternator. Anyone with a similar experience?

I tried it every which way, thinking I may have had it backwards but no luck

O-320 B2A

Yep, I ran into the same problem on my O-360-A1D with the stainless steel line interfering with the Vans 60a alternator mount. I tried to make it work but ended up getting a flexible, firesleeved line to take its place. I think I got it from Aerosport Power, quick and painless...

Good luck!

I purchased an ECI, stainless steel prop governor line. It appears I will have interference with the alternator. I use a plane power alternator. Anyone with a similar experience?

My O-360-A1A ECI governor line didn't interfere with my plane power alt. Which part is hitting?

Interferance

The alternator itself. I have the small diameter flywheel pulley and a short belt so the alt is pulled up fairly high but it does not even appear to be close to fitting. Back to the shop this morning.

Duane,
The original belt shipped with my PP alternator also caused an interference with the oil line. It was a little too small and pulled the alternator up too far. I called plane power and they sent a replacement that worked fine which was the correct part listed in the instructions. There are slight differences in length between manufacturers. I don't have the number of the belt handy, but I also have a Gates I purchased at NAPA that works also.

Interesting

I have an O360 and a PP Alt..but I have a longer belt and used the original Vans curved upper bracket as its longer.

No interference.

Frank

Governor Line

Several trips to the NAPA store for various belt lengths and all is now good.