Builders?.
I'm currently getting ready to build my engine (for my RV-8) and while getting
ready for assembly, I had a post from another builder/friend that indicated that he was aware of a recent installation on an RV-7, that the MT prop governor was less than desirable; do to it sounding like a power steering pump gone bad and the inability to maintain RMP on final unless RPM was increased. Van?s catalogue states: ?The MT governor is a recently offered unit from Van's that is very high quality and lighter in weight than either of the other brands and less expensive.? Now, like most, I don?t take everything at face value, but this is the first instance I?ve heard that the MT Governor has had any issues (This may just be a case of one unit being a lemon). Since I?ve already purchased it, I plan to go ahead and install it unless I hear enough credible argument to reconsider. If anyone would care to comment, I would be grateful for your ?Pearls of Wisdom? Thanx? Phred

Keep it

Fred Hollendorfer said:
Builders?.
I'm currently getting ready to build my engine (for my RV-8) and while getting
ready for assembly, I had a post from another builder/friend that indicated that he was aware of a recent installation on an RV-7, that the MT prop governor was less than desirable; ?Pearls of Wisdom? Thanx? Phred
Phred, It is a winner, keep it (sorry Carr). George