garymail

My prop began to hunt a bit after 650 hours. did a little research, found that MT began using a different type of governor about 5 years ago, manufactured by AVIAN in Checkoslovakia, looks similar to other Check manufactures, but is different inside. The Avian begins with a -8__, others in the past use a -9__ series. Anybody else having prop hunting problems?
Also, if needed, I can issue certificates of airworthiness in the Northwest US as well as condition inspections, pre buy, ferry, and transition training.

Regards,
Gary [email protected]

governor

Call the MT folks in Florida. There might be a recall on that. I know that they repaired mine in 2007 for that reason, but I think it was still under warrantee.
Won't hurt to get in touch with them, they might give you a break on price since that was a known problem with those govenors during that period.

Yeah, mine surges a bit on occasion but only when at max rpm. I just dial it back slightly and I'm good. Not sure what state you are in, but I think Ameritech Industries in Redding, CA can fix it if that's close to you at all.

erich