dmaib

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me if the Van's bracket VA-153-PC will fit on a PCU5000X governor? The info on the Van's Web Store site says it will fit an MT or a Hartzell governor. I have acquired an old bracket of unknown heritage from a neighbor and the three screw holes are just a bit off from the holes on my PCU governor.

Yup

I had to grind a little bit off the inner radius and elongate one of the holes, but I got it to fit without too much trouble:

CIMG1559.JPG

Thanks Jason. I think I can do the same with the bracket I have. I did notice that the inner radius would have to be opened up a bit, as well.

I shimmed it so it's just slightly above the radius.. so there was no interference and no need for grinding.. :)

Not the best fitting bracket

I too had problems with the fit.

After grinding away and elongating the mounting holes it fit but I had to grind down the head of the linkage bolt to get it together.

I wasn't happy with the end result so I made my own bracket for my RV-7A (see other postings by searching PCU5000). Fits great and don't have to mess with a modified bolt arrangement.

Your mileage may vary

cut back with new holes

with a forward mounted governor i needed to make sure to have enough clearance from the cowling with my control linkage coming over the top... i cut mine back to clock it slightly differently and drilled new holes. with my bracket arrangement the standard governor clocking, shown in the photo, is reversed. not a problem to switch, but it had to be done by the manufacturer, aero technologies.

img3189a.jpg

Governor bracket

Thanks Jason. I think I can do the same with the bracket I have. I did notice that the inner radius would have to be opened up a bit, as well.

David,
The bracket I used needed to be refitted by drilling new holes for mounting to the governor and also grinding some to create clearance for the pushrod tube and fuel line to the #2 cylinder. otherwise the cable bracket won't clear the top engine cowl on the -10.

Don
N410JA

David,
The bracket I used needed to be refitted by drilling new holes for mounting to the governor and also grinding some to create clearance for the pushrod tube and fuel line to the #2 cylinder. otherwise the cable bracket won't clear the top engine cowl on the -10.

Don
N410JA

Just curious here, why are you trying to put the cable above the engine, when the factory setup is below???

Governor cable bracket reroute

Mike,
David and I have A/C so the original mounting and routing of the cable has to be moved to allow mounting of the A/C compressor.

Don Orrick
N410JA