BlackRV7

Well Known Member
Doing my final firewall forward wrapup and have this question. I need to reorient the prop gov arm for an RV install. It looks I only need to go one hole clockwise. Right to the point. How do I do it? Any gremlins?

See link for picture.

http://rvflying.tripod.com/gov.jpg

Heres the best way I learned. Do you actually rotate the arm one hole? Most of these governors, you remove all the safety wiring, loosen the screws a couple turns, and the entire back of the governor will spin. Then retighten and safety wire. In any case do this with the governor on the engine and the prop control in place.

1. Remove safety wire
2. Loosen screws - back of governor should rotate
3. Install gov on engine and put in bolts. Hand tight is fine. Include the cable bracket and the cable.
4. Set the prop control in the cockpit to give full fine but ensure the control cable does not bottom out. In other words at full fine, the control will stick out of the dash. I use about 1/8"
5. Now rotate the back of the gov to line up the control end
6. Hand tighten the screws around the back of the gov. This keeps it from spinning again.
7. Remove gov, tighten screws, safety, reinstall

If all goes well the prop control will give you full fine without bottoming out.

If in fact the back does not turn and indeed to rotate the entire assembly then you'll have to use the adjustments on the end of the control cable to get to proper travel.

Steve
RV7A