Something is amiss. I'm mounting the prop governor to the engine for my RV8-A and something is wrong. It seems the Governor is upside down in the adapter and this is the ONLY way it will fit the gears.The VA-183 bracket looks correct if the control arm was faced up as shown in the plans. My questions are, 1) Do I need to "clock" the governor to the correct position ?and 2)How critical is this? It looks that the governor is 180 out. The engine is Eagle Engines Xtreem IO-360-B1D4. I have pictures but can't figure out how to attach them here...Thanks

Tom Davies
RV8-A (60%)
N60TD reserved

Tom-

I just went through this last night. I have a PCU5000X governor and needed to loosen all the outer screws on the back of the governor, rotate the center part to where it lined up properly and tightened everything down. Here are some pics at the bottom of this page of my web log:

http://rvplane.com/?categoryid=6&dayid=619

Governor problem resolved

Thanks to Mike Bullock and his quick response to my problem I can now move on to the next challenge. Thanks Mike... The pictures and info on your site were a big help. BTW... I met Brett from Bonaco at the Golden West fly In two weeks ago and was thinking of using him for fuel and brake lines. You seem to be pretty impressed. Have you gotten your lines yet and if so were you satisfied?
Thanks again Mike
Tom Davies
N60TD (reserved )

Tom-

I just ordered up the lines today from Brett at Bonanco so I can't directly comment on how impressed I am with them YET. However, he was AWESOME to deal with on the phone with all my questions. My biggest surprise was how affordable all of his lines were when it was all said and done. I haven't received them yet, but when I do I will give a full report on my website. I expect nothing but greatness from Brett and Bonaco.