RV6AussieNick

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I am looking for a replacement prop following a prop strike on my RV6, i'm running a Lyc 0-360 A1A with one Plasma II Electronic ignition and one Slick Magneto, I'm looking to replace the damaged HC-C2YK-1BF. I have contacted Vans and Hartzell and both seam reluctant to give me a clear yes or no for this application.

I am looking at the new generation Blended Aerofoil props so I qualify for the reduced Vans price. The prop I'm considering is the HC-C2YR-1BFP, the only problem is there hasn't been a Vibration survey carried out yet.

Is there anyone out there running this prop with Electronic ignition, if so have you experienced any problems, does anyone know if this prop is suitable for my application.

Cheers,

Nick..

I'm running the 72" Blended Airfoil prop on my RV-7 with a Plasma II ignition and O-360-A1A (Superior Clone) and AFP Fuel Injection. There is an RPM restriction on the prop (No operation below 2350 RPM above 22" MAP IIRC) but it doesn't bother me. It runs smooth at 2400 RPM which is where I keep it most of the time. I'm creeping up on 200 hours.

Nick,
I suggest that you contact Les Doud at Hartzell [[email protected]] who was very helpful to me with a similar question.
I have a Superior based IO-360 B1B (Precision fuel injection, with one Lightspeed, one mag, 8.5:1 compression).
I decided to go with a 7497 based on Les' advice.
I am still building so have not yet run the combination.
Bill Brooks
Ottawa Canada
RV-6A finishing kit