mhflyit

I'm fitting the prop cable to my MT governor. With the bracket supplied from Vans it looks like the cable comes over the top of the governor with the governor arm swinging from roughly the vertical clockwise 90 degs or so. To get this configuration you have to remove 6 screws and rotate the end of the governor and arm and refasten.
Can anyone confirm this is indeed the correct setup?

Thx

The governor arm is spring loaded to rest against the high rpm (low pitch) stop. The cable pulls this arm off the stop in what most people would consider a counter-clockwise rotation, but that depends on your point of view. The further the arm is pulled from off the stop, the lower the rpm. Set up the governor, position the cable on the bracket, and completely screw on the rod end bearing to produce the least acute angle at high rpm and still allow about 30 degrees of travel. The MT is very sensitive. You need no more arc than that for normal ops. You will never, ever come close to the low rpm (high pitch) stop. Van's bracket really needs to be 1.5" longer for the MT.

John Siebold

John thank you.

I was looking from the back end of the engine trying to figure this out (hence clockwise) so i agree with your counter clockwise correction.