rocketbob

Well Known Member
At OSH I am going to be shopping for a vibration analyzer. So for those of you who do prop balancing, tell me which manufacturer/model you chose and why. I'm not really interested in getting into the prop balancing business but I am interested in doing vibration plots in-flight so spectral analysis functionality is important to me. Looking for the most bang for the buck.

I'm leaning on the Aces 2015 but if there are better ones out there I'd like to know what differentiates them.

Last edited:
I use the Dynavibe. I have had it for 3 years. Great unit for the price, and it is accurate. It does not give you a solution like the ACES unit, but the trial and error method is fine and it takes about 3-4 runs and you can nail it at or under .04 IPS. Not having a solution really is not that big of deal IMHO. The Dynavibe tells you where the heavy spot is and you add weights (fender washers) to the spinner screws at the opposite location. After you have it balanced then you move the washers to the spinner bulkhead after a easy formula to reduce the weight due to the smaller diameter. Piece of cake, and only $1500. Do 10 airplanes for $150 each and you have paid for the unit.

http://www.rpxtech.com/rpxweb/Dynavibe.asp

Good factory support, no issues at all as far as I am concerned. It just works.

Not the name ACES has, but they have a lot of overhead. Talk to the guys at Dynavibe at OSH, they are down to earth guys. Then decide.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure DSS (Dynamic Solution Systems) will be at Osh again this year. I have their MicroVib II and chose it over the ACES for various reasons that were important to me.

I have about $6500 in my system and hardware supply. :eek:
If you're interested shoot me an email and I'll give you the guy to contact.