frankh

Well Known Member
Hi guys, I need my prop balanced...toes are tingling at high power.

I'm based at Corvallis and have a 50NM phase 1 radius. The only place I can find that does it is Troutdale which is outside my phase 1 area and over congested area at best.

I've sent an email to the FAA asking for a one time pass...Can't help but ask right?...:)

Assuming I know what the answer will be does anyone know of anyone around here that can do a dynamic balance?

Are there a bunch of folks at Independance that need a balance so we could get the guy from troutdale to make a road trip?

Thanks

Frank

Prop balance

Frank,
EAA105 at Twin Oaks (K7S3) near Hillboro has a chapter program where we balance our own props. The catch is you gotta be a member ($25) and the balancing fee is $20. But weighed against what a prop shop charges, it's very affordable.

http://www.eaa105.org/Programs/programs.htm#PropBalancing

The chapter members performing the balancing are well trained and do an excellant job. The benefits are immediate and noticeable.

This is a program that other chapters may want to emulate since it has proven to be quite popular and increases flight safety.

Joe Blank
RV-6
N6810B
EAA 105

You gotta join the EAA first

But I agree its still cheaper and they have some other very handy tools too.

Need to get my sectional out...CVO and twin oaks are going to be VERY close to my 50NM phase 1 limit.

Guess where my FAA inspector's home wing is?...Yes he is a nutcase RV builder/flyer himself.

Would be an ..er interesting conversation.."So, Frank, your 55NM miles away from home I see"..."Happen to have your logbook handy?"...:)

Thats the way I'll go if I can make it work.

Cheers

Frank

hey Frank

You might see if you can get your center (home airport) change to Salem then you could reach Twin Oaks.

Kent

Columbia Helicopters at Aurora does dynamic prop balancing all the time on fixed wing and homebuilts. They are located right behind Aurora Aviation mid-field. Don't go to the heli base at the north end - go to their maintenance facility behind Aurora Aviation.

Good Flying,

Josh P